If you want to stream over the internet, you need the premium version and create a second profile in settings.
To access the receiver, it must be reachable from the internet. As IP addresses may change, you should use a dynamic DNS provider like dyndns.org or twodns.de).
Follow these steps to setup the connection:
- Setup dynamic hostname and make sure it is refreshed if your IP adress changes. Most routers support this by default. (E.g. test.dyndns.org)
- You also need to open the ports in the firewall of your router. You need to open the port for the webinterface, the streaming and transcoding (optional):
- If your receiver is available at this internal IP address 192.168.0.20 and https enabled (recommended), enable the port forwarding of your router like this:
- Incoming port 8043 (because port 443 may be used by the router webinterface)
- To receiver 192.168.0.20 port 443 (if HTTPS enabled and port 443 is used)
- The same should be done to port 8001 for streaming and port 8002 if transcoding should be used
- You should test the connection by trying to open the webinterface using a webbrowser, e.g. https://test.dynvpn.de:443
- Example configuration, using a Fritzbox router:
- Name Enigma2
- Protocol: TCP
- from Port: 8043 toPort 8043
- to Computer VUSolo4K
- to Port: 443
- Please create a second profile in the app and use the dynamic hostname as hostname and external port (e.g. 8043) as webinterface port.
- Please be aware that streaming over the internet could be slow, so think about using transcoding
- Transcoding: If the tuner is blocked after switching to another channel: This is a bug in the OpenWebIf Plugin. Please update it.
- If you get the error message: IP address rejected, use username/password and HTTPS.